View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 21, 2016, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Why do you hold officials to a higher standard? The only standard we should be held to is can we adjudicate the games we work impartially, and in respect to the rules yes the standard is higher.

As for an official that acts as a fan, I would treat them as such. I would most likely have a smart a$$ remark like BNR had. But I don't hold anyone to any higher standards than just do your job. I'm not going to treat him any different because hes a "ref". At that moment he's a fan. If I do see him and care to say anything after the game I would make a smart comment about all fans being so ignorant of the rules and that they should read a rule book. This is about the only time passive aggressive works.
If i have a game and a fan decides to pop off, i usually ignore it unless it cant be ignored. If I know that someone is a referee, i WILL hold them to a higher standard and i will not ignore it. Referees should know better. I'll ignore idiot fans. I wont ignore another referee acting like an idiot. I havnt ever had to deal with it but that's how id respond.