View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 20, 2016, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Your 24 and I'm assuming he is older and more entrenched as an official so I understand your reluctance to deal with him during the game...but if he's yelling or harassing you every time down you should have dealt with him. "Your a referee, you should know better." If he keeps up. Toss him.

Now it's easy to say that now. What should you do at this point? Notifying assigner is fine and association. At the next meeting I'd make a point to find him and tell him "saw you at game the other night. Surprised the hell out of me the way you, a fellow referee acted. Screaming... I didn't and don't appreciate it. "

You can stop there and see what he says. If he apologizes, up to you to accept or not.?If he's a jerk, tell him "I should have addressed it then I won't make that mistake again."

I wouldn't just leave it up to the association or assigner. He did it to you. He's likely a bully. Let him know politely, but very firmly that you did notice it and it isn't ok.

That's what I'd tell you. Good luck. (Take BNR with you just in case)
I get the impression that he thought I didn't know who he was so he thought he could just act a fool during the game and no one important (to him) would notice.