View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 10, 2016, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
Greetings everyone... certainly been a little while since I've been here.

I've been off the floor for two years now so I don't have recent case books.

Discussion last night was this (I'm told it's directly out of the case book but can't verify. Additionally, I've having a hard time believing the ruling - but it's possible it's true):

A1 is fouled by B6 as time expires (2 point try) in the 2nd quarter. B's head coach is upset with the call and decides to show his disappointment by taking his team to the locker room. A technical foul is called on B's head coach.

How do we proceed?

Hope everyone has a great Christmas with family and safe travels during their tournament games. I'm hoping to get back on the floor next year!
The second quarter is not over until all activity is finished. If nothing else happened the second qtr would be over after A1 second FT for the shooting foul. The technical on coach B occurred before the second qtr ended. A gets 2 more FTs for that technical.

No part of a penalty carries over from one qtr to the next. The third qtr will start as usual, with the arrow.

Had coach B gotten the T after A1 second FT for the foul it would have occurred after 2nd qtr ended. #rd qtr is started with two FTS for the T and A gets ball inbounds for the T. Arrow is not affected.