View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 09, 2016, 06:33am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
No, I'm not making it too complicated. I want to know where it is you look and when to decide even or outnumbered. I know I can get help but I want to know where the cutoff is. I realize this play doesn't involve the RA. I realize Steratore was the official and I understand completely why he didn't have a foul. He's running etc. I think it was a foul on replay.

And, I'm not worrying. I just like to have the answers. Even to questions that may not come up much. And maybe I should understand sooner but I'm going to keep asking til I understand. I accepted your view that I look farther back, even to half court to decide even or outnumbered. I just don't know why we would go back that far and gave my reasons why I Wouldn't do that.

That's just making a statement. As I said earlier, I need to see the guidelines myself. I will find them. I appreciate you putting the plays up.
Most fast breaks we are just assuming that a defender who is back guarding the paint is initially a secondary defender. That is the accepted philosophy.

No one has ever worried about the technical distinction on which you are focusing, at least in any discussion I have had or any game I have officiated.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk