View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 06, 2016, 01:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyu2 View Post
Look up the meaning of "condescending" and "sarcastic." I think you will find "sarcastic" is more accurate of the coach's attitude. The coach is mocking you pure and simple and showing contempt for your calls. What I have found most effective is to address the coach very soon, like after the second or third comment and ask him nicely, "You're not going to keep this up all game, right?" Most likely he/she will not answer but the message will be received and the comments will stop. If not, take care of it. Officials do not need to put up with this type of sarcastic immaturity for more than a brief period.
I am not sure I totally agree with this because the coach in this case is clearly trying to act like he has superior knowledge of what took place. So there is sarcasm in the comments, but they are condescending to act like he knows better of the call. Either way, I would not change what I do because a coach is mad about a call. I just will make sure I do not miss any other similar calls throughout the game no matter who they are on. I guess it is about perspective.

Peace