View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 05, 2016, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbendon View Post
Varsity girls... possession is secured by the offense...defender is not in legal guarding position (right up in tight)offensive player turns and elbow caughts defender in the face ....what's your call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is one of those things that irritates me to no end. 4 years ago(I think) the NFHS put out the point of emphasis on elbows. They said an elbow "in movement" that hits opponent in head is/was at least an intentional foul. (could be flagrant). Your play, the elbow is moving, so it would be at least, intentional under those guidelines. The player was responsible for his elbows..even if defender in his grill. Now, where can you find that information? Not in the rule book or case book. That is something that happens from time to time and should be in the rule book. Certainly with the emphasis on Concussions you'd think they'd tell us what they want on elbow/head contact and put it somewhere it can be found.

(And I have never agreed with those who say the book would be too long so we can't put all rules in a rule book. The NCAA does pretty well.

At the least I'd like to see them have an electronic library of all case plays they say are still valid and rules etc. )

Last edited by BigCat; Mon Dec 05, 2016 at 11:46pm.