View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 05, 2016, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
I will continue to happily emulate the actions of those who have risen to a level higher than I. With exceptions, of course (mechanics differences, decidedly bad actors, etc.), but in general this practice has served me well not only in basketball officiating but in other facets of life, too. Not sure why some on this forum are always so quick to discount the leaders of the profession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll stick my two cents in. I'm not sure who you are addressing, but obviously it was directed to one or two of the comments above yours.

I can't speak for anybody, but I think the main point of one or more of the comments was that they were looking for what the right thing to do in high school is and they don't really care what happens in higher level basketball. They weren't discounting the leaders of the profession.

Someone also made the comment that they don't like the multiple whistles (aka "notice me" calls) on obvious calls they see on TV. I tend to agree with them. Some of the "leaders" of the profession are looking to grab as much attention as possible. I like the leaders that blend in and do a great job.

I'm not going to discount the leaders in the officiating profession and I am thankful for the information and guidance given by some on this board. On the flip side, just because you see it on TV doesn't necessarily mean it's the right or only way to do it.