View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 25, 2016, 10:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
It goes back to the point of officials being on top of things. It's distasteful to put the onus on coaches instead of on us. Coaches are looking at the team foul count on the scoreboard. We want coaches coaching their teams every other time during the game except when there's a correctable error. Any officials who blame a coach for this lack accountability.

If there's a correctable error situation, it's our fault for not paying attention to the scoreboard every time a team foul is committed. It's not that hard to do for an official who cares about his craft.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I try to keep track because I know the rule and that if we have one somebody is going to get screwed. I'm the one who is going to have to deal with the aftermath of the screwup. Also, I wouldnt ever blame the coach directly for not knowing fouls. However, each team is supposed to have a scorer, scorers are to confer etc. If I miss a foul etc for whatever reason i will feel bad and hate the situation, but there were supposed to be two other people doing that job before it came to me. If team A doesnt have a scorer that part is on the coach.

As a coach I never expected referees to keep foul counts or blamed them if there was an error. I looked at my scorer....As a referee i want the game to go smoothly so i try to keep them but i dont always for one reason or another.

What i will always do is periodically touch base with the scorer about team fouls and ask other scorer if he or she agrees.

Last edited by BigCat; Fri Nov 25, 2016 at 10:54am.