Thread: Bc?
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 06, 2016, 11:51am
Esteemed Forum Member

Gimme That Old Time Religion, It's Good Enough For Me …

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
... that old interpretation ...
2007-2008 Rules Interpretation: SITUATION 10: A1, in the team's frontcourt, passes to A2, also in the team's frontcourt. B1 deflects the ball toward Team A's backcourt. The ball bounces only in Team A's frontcourt before crossing the division line. While the ball is still in the air over Team A's backcourt, but never having touched in Team A's backcourt, A2 gains possession of the ball while standing in Team A's backcourt. RULING: Backcourt violation on Team A. Team A was still in team control and caused the ball to have backcourt status. Had A2 permitted the ball to bounce in the backcourt after having been deflected by B1, there would have been no backcourt violation. (4-4-1; 4-4-3; 9-9-1)

2016-17 IAABO Refresher Exam #5 A1 dribbling in the front court when B1 deflects the ball away from A1. The ball is rolling toward the back court and is picked up by A2 who is straddling the division line. The official rules a back court violation. Is the official correct? NO. Rule 9-9-1

The four elements for having a backcourt violation are: there must be team control (and initial player control
when coming from a throw-in); the ball must have achieved frontcourt status; the team in team control must
be the last to touch the ball before it goes into the backcourt; that same team must be the first to touch after
the ball has been in the backcourt.

"What's it gonna be boy?" (Paradise by the Dashboard Light, Meatloaf, 1977)

"Fish, cut bait, or get out of the boat." (School and Home, 1895)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Nov 07, 2016 at 07:04am.