View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 26, 2016, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkupka View Post
I started a thread about this before (still not crystal clear on it apparently)...

B/R hits for a double. Misses 1B along the way. Comes in to 2B sliding, asks for time to brush off (standing on the base), time is called. He may now trot back to 1B, then back to 2B?
Absolutely.

As previously noted, the inability to return after reaching or passing the next awarded base on an overthrow or blocked ball, is dictated by the "awarding" of bases after those specific events which determine the status of the ball/play.

This is why when a live ball is blocked or enters DBT, the umpire should hesitate to determine the runner's actions. Once the umpire judges the player is satisfied with their running duties, then the umpire should announce the award.

NOTE: Because the post (#2) by jmkupka to which I responded was based on a dead ball appeal, that is the manner in which I continued the conversation. Otherwise,I would not grant time for the purpose of preventing the defense from making an appeal on a runner

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Wed Oct 26, 2016 at 08:40pm.