View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 13, 2003, 08:39am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluefoot
Regarding some of the latest posts in this thread, are you saying that as PU's we should never move a bat during a play? When possible and when it does not affect me getting into position to see/make calls, I have been moving it out of the way of possible baserunners coming home. So are you saying that it's better to avoid a possible lawsuit against me by not touching the bat at all, and leaving it wherever it is, even if it's right next to home plate and the runner may slide into it, trip over it, etc.? I've never thought about it that way. I've always thought about getting the bat out of the way for a possible play.
whiskers_ump quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TruBlu
The bat is part of the ground. I had many coaches tell me I "have" to move a bat for many reasons (safety, etc). This is what my ASA commissioner told me at a State meeting: "Leave the damn bats alone!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's right. You are not the bat boy just as you are not
the grounds keeper....[i.e. coaches always wanting a batter's
box drawn....NO NO..]

glen
Skahtboi quote:
Originally posted by TruBlu
The bat is part of the ground. I had many coaches tell me I "have" to move a bat for many reasons (safety, etc). This is what my ASA commissioner told me at a State meeting: "Leave the damn bats alone!"

You move the bat and someone falls over it and hurts themselves, you will be on the recieving end of a lawsuit. Darn right, leave the bat and all other equipment alone!
TruBlu The bat is part of the ground. I had many coaches tell me I "have" to move a bat for many reasons (safety, etc). This is what my ASA commissioner told me at a State meeting: "Leave the damn bats alone!"