View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 29, 2016, 06:17pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Actually, one of my all-time favorites didn't come from Dave, but from the gal who used to post on this sight as "Rainmaker".

We were working a game together and there was a timeout just before halftime. As she walked over to the scorer's table, some moron Dad stood up a few rows behind the table, took off his glasses, held them out towards her and said, "Hey ref - you wanna borrow my glasses?" We heard this a lot and we had a standard response which she used - "Why? They're not doing you any good." Lots of people started laughing at the guy and he then yelled at her, "You wanna come up here and say that?" The place went quiet as he was a pretty big guy threatening to punch a young woman! She replied, "Why? Is your hearing bad, too?" The whole gym erupted in laughter! He got up and walked out.

I asked her where she got that answer from and she said, "I don't know - it just came out". I told her I was going to write it down.

At the end of the game, she asked me to walk her out to her car, but the guy wasn't anywhere around.