View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 23, 2016, 10:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK View Post
I was not looking for the continuous motion though that is a good reference and I think answered my question. What I was looking for is a case in which A5 (in this case) shoots the "and one." From Casebook ruling 6.7 situation E (in the 2015-2016 case book as I have no D, but believe it to be the same situation) seems to cover it as if this was the case A5 would shoot one and that is not what the case book has happening.
6.7 Situation D is at the top of page 54 in the 2015-16 NFHS Casebook.

6.7 SITUATION D:
A1 has started a try for a goal (is in the act of shooting), but the ball is not yet in flight when the official blows the whistle for B2 fouling A2. A1's try is successful.
RULING: Score the goal by A1. If Team A is in the bonus, A2 will shoot free throws. If not, Team A will have a designated spot throw-in nearest to where the foul occurred.
COMMENT: The foul by the defense need not be on the player in the act of shooting for continuous motion principles to apply. (6-7 Exception c)

The rest of your post inquires about how this would be administered under NBA rules. The above is correct for both NFHS and NCAA.