View Single Post
Old Wed May 11, 2016, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
Ok I'll give you some of that...not the first time I "called one out of my area"...but are you sure of this statement? I thought teams from same area were eliminated at the semis...in most sports at least
Yes, I'm sure, at least as far as basketball is concerned. Teams from the same region can and have played each other in the state finals. It didnt happen this year as far as I'm aware simply because of who won the semi-final matchups. But 2 years ago, two Richmond public schools played against each other in the 4A final. I'm sure its happened numerous times other than that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post

The geographic center of Virgina is located about halfway (as the bus travels) between Richmond and Lynchburg.
Thanks for the map. I'm pretty familiar with VA having been born here- just like both of my parents-, having lived hear most of my life, and having officiated the state tournament for the last 5 years.

Again, Lynchburg is not centrally located TO THE MAJORITY OF SCHOOLS IN THE VHSL. Even though it may be an hour or so away from being geographically central, the majority of schools in VHSL are from Northern VA, Central VA, and Tidewater. Lynchburg is not centrally located to them.

And its not "The Old Dominion State." Its the Commonwealth of Virginia or the Old Dominion.