View Single Post
Old Sun May 08, 2016, 08:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Thank you for proving you don't actually read my posts Jeff.

I said I'm not advocating and have been very clear about that. I'm not saying it will happen or that it should. Actually take the time to read my posts instead of looking for points to argue.

And Babe Ruth, USSSA, AAU, Pony and Little League are all based on OBR. So yes most youth baseball is played under OBR. I'm simply refuting your point that no other sport plays different rules between youth and high school. It's simply not true.

These are professional based rules that are more complex than NFHS rules. So again, there are other sports that do it.
I read your post, but I do not agree with them always.

Again you assume that Babe Ruth, USSSA, AAU, Pony and Little League are the only youth baseball played here. Kids are not playing baseball that much anymore (at least not here) and many youth leagues are not associated with those organizations for all kinds of reasons. Little League might be the most popular you listed on this list at least here. After that, there are a lot school based leagues that involve FED Rules being played under. And I am sure that applies on some level to other areas of the country. Again just this little issue is why it will not happen. I did not have to read your post or read every word slowly in your post to understand that basic fact. And I am not actually arguing with you, I am sharing a perspective on the topic. Not every response is an argument. We are not going to solve this issue on this site anytime soon. I doubt the NF reads this and says, "You know, Jeff Rutledge said this on that website, so let us listen to what he thinks and throw out all of our general and basic principles we have been applying for years." Pop Warner and Bill George (Youth Football) here are about the biggest youth football organizations outside of actual school ball uses FED Rules for all there levels considering they are across the country. Heck everyone wants to be different I would suspect and that is part of the issue. They do not care what officials think IMO.

Considering that the FED is bigger than just one sport, they tend to share their philosophies across multiple sports and sports we never have discussed here. And this all started as to why we do or do not discuss football on this site, which honestly has little to do with what rules set is used overall. There are many more venues for discussion of football and this site has been left in the dust for some time. Basketball for example has the largest following but most of the participants seem to follow other sites as well. Stop being so sensitive, just having a discussion man. That is what we are supposed to be doing here right?

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Sun May 08, 2016 at 08:11pm.