Thread: Technicals
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 25, 2016, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
I've coached in youth leagues where I've also officiated, so this isn't really a far fetched scenario. I'm going to assume that he was being honest about actually being an official. Put yourself in the position of the assistant...you're taking over for a coach that has gotten tossed partly because a newbie kicked a rule and turned a simple T into a train wreck...would you say anything? I think I would. Not to be a dick...the official obviously has a low threshold at this point...but to maybe try to gain a little credibility with the official. I don't think the assistant was being irresponsible...in the end, he was correct.
OK, who on here takes it well when a coach says "I'm ref and . . ." ?!?! And take that coach more seriously after he says it?!?! Anyone? Anyone?

If you think, immediately after the head coach was tossed, the asst coach was trying to be helpful, I have some great ocean front property in North Dakota that I can give you a great deal on . . .

And I don't think our OP really "kicked a rule," so much as he was sloppy in how he talked to the coach. As I read the scenario, he was just trying to tell the coach the conversation was over, and did it poorly. The coach used it as an excuse to act like a toddler.