Thread: Technicals
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 24, 2016, 02:32am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankmjg24 View Post
I was working a high school aged spring tournament today and the teams were coached by dads. The tournament played halves instead of quarters, and about 5 minutes into the 2nd halve Coach A starts to show himself. His shooter goes up for a layup and misses it, and the coach starts yelling for a foul. The shooter then goes after the rebound and ends up wrapping his arm around a player for the other team that had rebounded the ball. Coach A starts yelling for a walk (the kid did, however it was because his player had his arm wrapped around the player and pulled him back). I report the foul and the coach is complaining that I missed the foul on the shooter then missed a walk. I tell him that the shot was clean and that his player ended up wrapping his arm into the player. He then tells me that I am wrong and that it is just a horrible call. I tell him that I have heard enough and to sit down. He then proceeds to tell me that I cannot make him sit down and that he is going to say what he wants to. It is at this point that I give him the first technical. He then goes and sits down as I am reporting the first technical, but then he stands back up and tells me that I am horrible. At this point I give him a second technical and eject him.

The assistant coach comes up to me after I report the second technical and ejection and proceeds to tell me that he will take over as acting coach. He then throws in that he is an official too and that I cannot tell the coach to sit down. He tells me that the coach is allowed to stand and I can only make him sit if I give him a technical. I proceed to tell him that I really do not care if he is an official or not, that I am the one officiating the game, and that I do not need his opinion. He then tells me that he was just wanting to help me out as I handled the situation wrong. I then tell him that I am not going to listen to him, and that he can join his head coach if he doesn't cut it out. He then walks away and goes back to his team.

So what are everyone's thoughts on this? Thanks.
I think you need to re-read your post and tell us what you think in reflection.