View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 19, 2016, 05:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I like requintero's post, but some Forum members may disagree with him. There's also the question about moving feet, or stationery feet?

So just exactly what is the movement this ball called? It was not deemed to be a shot. The NFHS says that is not considered to be a part of a dribble. The ball doesn't unintentionally drop, or slip, from a player’s grasp, and player control is not accidentally lost, so it's not a fumble. It's not a pass, no such thing as a self-pass. It's not a tap as part of a jump ball (a jumper can move his feet between taps, right?). What the hell is it? It has to be defined by the rules before we can utilize the rules to address what can legally happen during the play, or after the play.
WHO CARES????? If you get this wrong the one time in 10,000 games it may happen and not call or call it who cares???? Just guess. Your odds are 50/50. In my 15 years I have NEVER had this, and if it comes up Ill either blow my whistle or I won't. Im undecided. But I will decide when it does happen. Either way I'm ok with no beating this to death.

For the record this scenario has been covered and requintero would be wrong to deem it legal. Remember the whole it must be "judged" a shot thing.