Thread: Appealable
View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 09, 2016, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchcoach View Post
Yeah, I'm not a member of the club but I do have many years coaching experience in baseball. Yes I like to read the rule books; OBR, NFHS, NCAA and USSSA to name a few. I also like to gather with our local umpires to watch film and discuss past games, rules and changes. I have always had a congenial relationship with the local umps. I am proud to say in all my years, I have never been ejected from a game. I have received calls from umpires telling me they consulted rules and discovered they were wrong in fact about an past dispute we had and I have placed calls to umpires when I was wrong. On at least three occasions I have been told my players have good umpire etiquette. I joined this site to broaden my contacts with umpires. I like to be able to explain to my players why an umpire decided the way the way he did in the language of umpires. I do not tolerate my players thinking something is unfair or the umpires are against them. If a player does like an umpire's strike zone, it is up to him to adjust and play the game, not whine and pout.
To those who find my questions and citations of rules annoying..."Tough." As I teach my players when others call names or enjoy being snide, it is a reflection on them, not you. I am here to learn and pass knowledge onto my players. To those who contribute to my better understanding..."Thanks." It is good to remember that the day you think you know it all, is the day you start becoming ignorant.
Here's the thing...It's great that you want to learn. However, when you quickly go to snarky comments as you did in the other threads, that removes any idea that you indeed are looking for self-improvement.