View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 09, 2003, 10:53pm
Official Forum Member

The McGriff Football board is the premier discussion board for football, like it was for basketball years ago. Some of those guys also post on this football forum but not many.

About 3 years ago, many of us from the McGriff board began to frequent this board. Padgett and mick were among the first to arrive. I think you, Dan, DeNucci, and I followed shortly afterward. I can still remember mick emailing me in early in 2001 writing, "Hey, the new board is really getting good, even better than McGriff's."

I don't know that one sport is more popular than another, from an officiating discussion standpoint. I do know that the football guys on McGriff stay focused on football all year, while we're guessing what's across the street from the nike campus. I always tell people that football rules are harder than basketball but football is easier to officiate. So, there are plenty of rules discussions on the football board. I frequent this board all year long but I really start reading the McGriff football board in August, which really helps prepare me for the season. I can take an NF basketball exam anytime of year and make 95 or better on it. But football requires more study.

Oh well, maybe I'm ramblin' but those are my thoughts.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith