View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 24, 2016, 09:59am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
Maybe - and I emphasize maybe - you could get away with it if the player who was going to take the layup had the ball when the grab took place. You might be able to argue continuous motion depending upon the timing. Since there was a pass involved before the ball got to the FSU player that was ahead of the field there really aren't any other options.

I ran into a play like this in the '14-15 season. I was T. Steal took place in front of the C. As we transition, BH/D A1 is grabbed (common foul) as she tosses a pass to A2 who has no one between her and the basket. C calls the foul. HC for Team A - I was in front of his bench as I headed to new L since it was the second half - says he understands there was contact but the call cost him two points. It actually did more than that. His team had been having all kinds of trouble against Team B's press. On the ensuing throw-in, Team A turns the ball over, gets scored on and commits a foul. After the game I asked the C whether he might have been able to wait to see how things developed on the play and he said it needed to be called so I left it alone. My feeling? I thought he could have held his whistle and seen if the pass made it to A2. If it didn't or if it looked like it wouldn't, call the foul.
One handed grab, I assume? Cause if it was with 2 hands, I'm calling it every time. They want automatics, they get automatics....