View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 22, 2016, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
This is where I was trying to go with the conversation and appreciate everyone's input. I don't have any experience working NCAA games and thus my reading of the rule book is the basis of my knowledge. I don't have the benefit of having the same background that tells me how to interpret what is written that I was looking for from those of you do have that experience.

I agree that the shot clock and 10-second count will start simultaneously the vast majority of the time and that is where this thread started. I may have been better served by starting a new thread as I was wanting to learn when to start the count in situations other than the basic A is inbounding the ball after a made basket and how to handle it when they don't start simultaneously. In the end, I think what led me to complicate this was the additional language in 9.10 that covers when to start the 10-second count despite 2.9 indicating that the shot clock is utilized to administer the 10-second count. Thank you all again for the feedback.