View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 19, 2016, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
That was helpful.

If you take the game have some awareness of the competency level of the table and adjust accordingly. I 100% guarantee this scenario would not happen in my game, I can't speak for your abilities.

Maybe you and your kind only do AAU for the money, but there are officials outside of your all-knowing bubble who work AAU as part of off-season continuous improvement.
I don't work AAU at all. I stopped many years ago due to my frustration with the organizers who only cared about maximizing their profit on the event and want officials to work for 1/2 of the HS game fee, other officials who only cared about the extra $ they were scrounging up and took six or seven games/day and didn't hustle, having incompetent and unattentive teenagers at the table, who have been left there for 10 hours a day or more, the idiotic parents, and wacko coaches.

These events were not productive or enjoyable for me. They were filled with problems and undesirable interactions. Therefore, I got away from them.

Perhaps AAU events in your area are different. Perhaps you and others approach them as opportunities to improve. Perhaps the parents and coaches around you are respectful. If so, best wishes, but don't criticize my post for espousing what most people find to be realistic.

Last edited by Nevadaref; Sat Mar 19, 2016 at 06:38pm.