View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 17, 2016, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDevil15 View Post
Hi Guys,
I coach in California and we just wrapped up our season this past weekend and I just wanted to say thanks for all that you guys do. I know it's a thankless job a lot of the time and it usually starts with me and my fellow coaches, but I want to say a genuine thanks for taking care of our kids and the game I love. All the best in the rest of your seasons and off seasons.
Thanks, Coach! But don't forget that we don't have practice at 5:30pm every day. You do. A great clinician once reminded me that coaches have a much harder job then we do. That does not go un-noticed by me. You make the game and the kids better, too. In this we are a team united.

Sometimes coaches seem thankless, and sometimes we even have to penalize this. But I've noted that 99.9% of the time no grudges are held. It amazes me how tempers can sometimes flare up to high levels (hey, we're all Type A and passionate about what we do), but then at the supermarket the next day it's a firm handshake followed by talk about the weather, traffic, or maybe even the possibility of the Cubs winning the pennant. That's pretty cool.