View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 17, 2016, 04:58pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Oh the old "face time" mechanic.

The adjustment was simple, they thought it was more expedient to give the Lead the opportunity to bounce the ball to the thrower themselves. The Lead at one time would bounce the ball to the Trail or Center for all FTs and then they changed it to the Lead doing it on the last FT. I think it was a waste of time and they realized this and changed it. Not much more complicated than that if you ask me. That is what I remember when this change was talked about. I am sure someone much older will clarify the situation. This changed like in my first few years of my career.

Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
The NFHS also changed the mechanic where one official would climb up the ladder and get the ball out of the peach basket after every made basket.

Hey Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Why did you guys change that mechanic?

I just got back home from Florida today in time to have lunch with my wonderful "better half" and then sit down and watch the tournament and I found three pages of new threads. Mark, Jr., flew back this past Saturday because UT's Spring Break was over this past Sunday and I stayed to umpire three more DHs.

Rut is correct. It is more expedient. Back in the "ancient days" there was a player for a H.S. in Michigan would take the ball out of your hand an that was the start of his shooting motion; the ball would be out of his hands for his FTA before you could get out of the FT Circle.

I like the current mechanic.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio