View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 17, 2016, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do not think that it is even about adjusting to calling the game, it is the standards that is also expected that tend to be very different as well.

I worked a game last year I believe that was a girls game and the coach went nuts over a play where his player went up for a shot and the only thing the defender touched was their loose part of their jersey on the shooter. The coach insisted that had to be a foul. If I had called that foul in a boys game, I would have been damn near crucified. I would rather not deal with the expectation that any girl that falls or is touched we must have a foul. That alone is the reason I accept no girls games. Girls can dribble through 3 defenders and coaches and players act like not calling a foul is a tragedy.

Peace
Hmm, good point and I never really looked at it this way. I call both fairly similar and just deal with coaches if needed. I did have an argument in a big game this year with a "d1 women's official" who made a call right in front of me. His reasoning was we have to have a foul if a girl falls to the floor. He wouldn't budge after I threw logic at him for five minutes during half-time. I eventually just gave up.