View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 17, 2016, 07:54am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Local IAABO mechanics allow us to bounce the ball on any throwin except frontcourt endline throwins. We are discouraged from bouncing on backcourt endline, and sideline, throwins if there is strong defensive pressure.

Even now, with the more modern, liberal, throwin mechanic options, the only time (usually) I will bounce is as the lead (two person) to inbounders on the sideline below the free throw line extended, and on backcourt endline "run the line" throwins.

It's tough to teach an old dog new tricks, especially when the old tricks are still an acceptable option allowed by IAABO mechanics. If the bounce ever becomes mandatory, I will change with the times.
I bounce cause I want to be in the position where I want to officiate -- I don't want to hand the ball and then have to move.

I remember signaling 2 on every made FG and 1 on every made FT. Another idiotic mechanic that went away.

Remember how we used to count with a flick of the wrist down from the waist rather than with an extended arm?

Love the HS games on YouTube from the mid-to-late 80s. Remind me of the old days.