View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2016, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

Sat down last night and mentally laid out the pros and cons...and pondered everything that has happened and the conversations over the last year. I even called two people I have known for years and who have been sounding boards/mentors in the past (one is on the evaluation committee). I got solid feedback from them and was given a few things to work on (I had already identified all but one based on watching some "tape" of a few games from last season). They also both expressed concern that I am not the only person feeling this way and that the association is at risk of losing many officials because of the overall inability/unwillingness to communicate clearly

I came to the decision (unless something changes in the next couple of weeks) that I will give it one more year...in a way. However, I am finished attempting to discuss this particular issue. I have made my desire and my efforts to improve as an official known. The cost of attending a couple of camps and renewing with the association is not large. If the scheduling next season starts down the path of the last two, I can always make myself unavailable in The Arbiter and any time.

The thing that started bothering me last night was that I was turning into my wife about this...made me want to slap myself and yell "Make a decision."