View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 09, 2016, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryPowered View Post
I received a response to the email...such as it is.

First, I started the email by saying I understood that he would always select officials for games based on their exhibited ability and if I desired a better schedule I needed to improve my ability/performance. Then I politely reminded him we had this discussion at our camp last summer and he said two things then: commented on my age as a factor and that I was one of the officials he wanted to watch that weekend. I pointed out that my evaluators (and he has copies of their forms) had mostly positive things to say about my work and mentioned noticeable improvement. Then I asked if he, or someone on his evaluation committee, had seen something different and what their assessment said needed improvements.

His response was very short (in it's entirety): "[My name] I need you! This was [name of his assistant]s first year. Let me get him lined out and then I will just put you in varsity assignments. LET ME GET IT WORKED OUT!"

I continue to be frustrated by him not answering, what I think, is a fair question because he sees something that keeps me from getting even decent games...I just cannot get him to tell me. I really want to respond and tell him the evidence I have tells me he doesn't need me...but what do they say, discretion is the better part of valor.

I still have a few weeks to decide and still get the discount for early renewal. Apparently it does no good to look at an email and yell "Just answer the [bleeping] question!"

Of course...if he is on here I just yelled that at him
It sounds to me like he agreed that you were underutilized and is planning to see that it is taken care of.