View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 02, 2016, 12:22pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Man View Post
To me the system here in VA is flawed in the fact that on the biggest stage you get "all star" crews that have not worked together. Shouldn't the biggest games of the year have officials that at least have worked with each other? I know all officials follow the same rules and such, but we all know that a crew that works together usually has a better game. More consistency in play calling, handling coaches, handling players and overall gamesmanship.

If it were me, I would have associations across the state send crews of 3 and maybe even work multiple games at the state if needed.

Just my .02 worth
If you know how to work the system and the mechanics, you do not need to work with someone IMO at all. I work with many officials that I have never worked with and we are fine. Now if you have a system that only allows officials to work with the same guys all year, then that might be considered, but working together IMO should not be a prerequisite for who works playoff games. But again this could be a local thing.

Also our officials are assigned mostly by a cross-section of areas, association affiliation really does not come into play in our area. So if a team comes from my area, I would not be prevented from working their games in the post season either. We are assigned games during the regular season like the NCAA assigns officials. We work for each conference and we might get teams we have had previously during the year or even during the playoffs in some cases.

Peace