View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 28, 2016, 01:24pm
This IS My Social Life

Three thoughts come to my mind (a dangerous place to linger) as I ponder the discussion regarding the issue proposed by the OP:
1) "Upward motion" is no longer relevant--not anymore at least from what I've heard regarding NCAAM and never was in NFHS. Right?
2) I'm still contemplating a point I brought up several years ago, that what we're really discussing here isn't "continuous motion", but "act of shooting." I don't expect anyone to care about what I might or might not consider the difference, but I'm trying for my own self to determine if that approach lends clarity to the issue of when the act of shooting began.
3) The "gather", if that term is used, is simply an attempt to make concrete in the mind an action in the act of shooting that otherwise might remain abstract and unreal. Critics of the use of that term could be challenged to come up with another word to make this abstract concept a concrete benchmark in as effective a way. I'm open for other words to do it.
I thank the original poster for this opportunity to think today.