Thread: New Referee
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 27, 2016, 09:12am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilRef View Post
Between the lines. Google it. He is a local guy in my area. Has good stuff, good prices, and fast. His name is Rex. I believe he probably has a starter kit with whistle, shirt, pants, etc. I know he does for hardball. Check him out.

http://btlofficialsgear.com/

Ah, Rex. This is the guy who left Wisconsin mainly cause the WIAA endorsed another WI business (Gerry Davis Sports) and not him. I called him once looking for a certain plate shoe that was a bit hard to find then. He didn't carry them, tried to sell me something else, then essentially called me an idiot when I told him I'd keep looking elsewhere.

He also keeps a list of customers on his website that he refers to as the Hall of Shame.- people who he sent gear to on a promise they'd send a check or money order, then didn't. While I empathize with a business owner losing money, I always wondered what kept Rex from dragging someone's name through the mud - it's not like I have both sides of any story.

Finally, while other people give discounts (Honig's gives 10% for being an NASO member and GD Sports gives 7.5% as a WIAA official), Rex wants you to give up a list of your association first so he can spam them.

Glad you like him. Would be a cold day in hell before I ever called him.