Thread: Imbalance
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 25, 2016, 03:36pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolves Coach View Post
I have been coaching basketball for more years that I wish to mention. I thought I have seen everything until last week. We were involved in a semi-final playoff game at the higher-seed's gym. They were responsible for acquiring officials. Both teams played an aggressive man-to-man defense the entire game. I point this out because what I am about to explain has occurred before when one team plays a simple zone and another team plays an aggressive man. In the 4th quarter, of what was a continual1-3 point difference, I had 3 of my starters foul out of the game. And let me point out that they weren't in foul trouble the first half! The home team, during the second half, committed a total of 3 team fouls. One official had control of the entire game, where the other one just ran up and down the floor. I am not the type of coach that takes credit for wins and blames officials for losses. Please, someone let me see this 'travesty' from a different perspective. Right now all I can think is we were hosed...
That time of year.

Coach, if you have an issue with the officiating, you're going to get more from the state than you will here.

If you have a question about a play or two that you don't understand, feel free to post video.