Thread: Imbalance
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 25, 2016, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Imbalance

I have been coaching basketball for more years that I wish to mention. I thought I have seen everything until last week. We were involved in a semi-final playoff game at the higher-seed's gym. They were responsible for acquiring officials. Both teams played an aggressive man-to-man defense the entire game. I point this out because what I am about to explain has occurred before when one team plays a simple zone and another team plays an aggressive man. In the 4th quarter, of what was a continual1-3 point difference, I had 3 of my starters foul out of the game. And let me point out that they weren't in foul trouble the first half! The home team, during the second half, committed a total of 3 team fouls. One official had control of the entire game, where the other one just ran up and down the floor. I am not the type of coach that takes credit for wins and blames officials for losses. Please, someone let me see this 'travesty' from a different perspective. Right now all I can think is we were hosed...