View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 22, 2016, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I don't think it was a bad call, as it seems to be the expected call. I just don't see how it breaks any rules.

1. It wasn't taunting. I've never seen a player taunt without actually engaging an opponent or the opponent's bench directly.
2. I didn't sense it was overly exuberative. A teammate caught it, from what I understand.
3. It's not inciting the crowd.
4. He wasn't objecting to a call.
5. It didn't actually delay the game, which is the rule most people are quoting.

It's expected, I get that, I just can't think of a rule it violates.
When I see it on replay I say pass on it. The kid was excited. I can see though, how the calling official, from behind, might interpret it as unsportsmanlike. "about time you called the foul" or "F yeah --we win" which is what i think he yelled. You could tell by the look on the kid's face he was immediately remorseful/worried but the official behind didn't see his face etc.

I wouldn't rely on delay of game. As i said, slamming the ball, rightly or wrongly, is viewed as bad. The official may have just reacted on that being unsporting. The ball wasn't caught until it bounced a few times. I don't think it was that bad but, as i said, easy to not get a T.

Last edited by BigCat; Mon Feb 22, 2016 at 11:18am.