View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 18, 2016, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad View Post
Just because an official couldn't stop play doesn't mean you're counting the shot. Maybe one of them did blow their whistle? "The officials announce 2 shots and play as such" doesn't sound like a CE. Just because the timer starts the clock doesn't mean you can't put time back up and say it wasn't live ball because it was erroneously started.

The OP is different compared to #2. There has to be missing information because "awarded 2 shots" makes me think the officials said there were to be 2 shots given. I have no clue how you go from there to all the officials forgetting there was a second shot then finally remembering after B makes a shot.

I'm not counting points during a dead ball. If the officials erroneously let live ball happen that's a different story.
See my post above that i added to… Deecee said the "officials didn't stop play". I take that to mean they didn't try. (if they did kids would have stopped). He also said the officials "play as such" (like it is 2 shots). If they play it as two shots they would have tried and the kids would have stopped…. Scenario he poses is off.

If they did try to stop play then i agree with you no basket. If they did not try to stop play--"allowed it to continue" and B1 scored the basket would count.

Last edited by BigCat; Thu Feb 18, 2016 at 12:57pm.