View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 18, 2016, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
The basket counts. It doesn't matter what is announced. It doesn't matter if the official chopped in time. The timer could have started the clock on his own. What matters is that the officials did not stop play when the first shot was rebounded. Presumably did not blow their whistle. "Allowed play to continue." The kids werent the only ones "brain farting."

(I do see now that he says officials "play as such." If they are playing it as two shots they will be trying to stop play and i would agree with you. If they don't try to stop play after first FT... "allow it to continue" --they aren't playing it as two shots. The scenario is a bit off….)
Just because an official couldn't stop play doesn't mean you're counting the shot. Maybe one of them did blow their whistle? "The officials announce 2 shots and play as such" doesn't sound like a CE. Just because the timer starts the clock doesn't mean you can't put time back up and say it wasn't live ball because it was erroneously started.

The OP is different compared to #2. There has to be missing information because "awarded 2 shots" makes me think the officials said there were to be 2 shots given. I have no clue how you go from there to all the officials forgetting there was a second shot then finally remembering after B makes a shot.

I'm not counting points during a dead ball. If the officials erroneously let live ball happen that's a different story.