View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 17, 2016, 04:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
.............Finally, Tim is saying that if the official announces two shots and B rebounds the first FT the ball remains dead even if everyone played all the way down floor...and the officials officiated. He says the ball only becomes live when it is at A1 disposal after B basket. That just isn't true. In correctable error situations the officials allow play to continue and consumed time, points scored are not nullified. The regular dead ball live ball rule does not apply when there is an error.
I understand where you are coming from, but am still waiting for a rules citation that directly supports what you are saying. Show me a ruling that the live ball/dead ball rules don't apply.

By contrast, I can and have provided rules citations that directly support what I have said, including that the officials counting the basket by B1 was the real correctable error in the OP's scenario.

There is also nothing in the OP that says everyone played all the way down the floor and the officials officiated.

The only way that B1's goal was valid is if the officials had awarded one free throw and administered it as such, B1 gets the rebound and scores, and then they realize there should have been a second free throw by A1. In that case the failure to award the 2nd merited free throw would be a CE. In that case any interim action would stand, including B1's goal and any time run off the clock.

Last edited by TimTaylor; Wed Feb 17, 2016 at 04:32pm.