View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 17, 2016, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Tim,
That's not what the OP meant. He was asking about a correctable error. If officials know and recognize there's another FT they would have blown whistle when B started dribbling. Had they recognized it they wouldn't have allowed him to dribble all the way down the court and shoot.

And.. if I blew my whistle after a FT and a kid continued on down the floor and didn't stop there would certainly be a T.
I agree that they should have blown their whistles, but even if they didn't, the ball is still dead by rule. Just because they didn't stop B1 from dribbling it down court doesn't make the ball live again.

The officials recognized it immediately thereafter - there was no interim play.

Because it was immediate, I maintain that the best way to handle it is to disallow B1's "goal" and proceed with A1's 2nd free throw. I can easily justify that by rule as previously cited.

"Coach, A1 was awarded two free throws. By rule the ball was dead when the first was missed and you can't score a goal when the ball is dead so B1's rebound and goal doesn't count. We're proceeding with A1's 2nd free throw."