View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 16, 2016, 02:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindolbat View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you on the jab step. I see a lot of officials faked out by jab steps and shoulder fakes.
My only point is that HS officials miss a lot and I mean a lot of travels either that are not properly called or called that did not actually take place. HS officials IMO error on the side of "It looks funny, let me blow my whistle." I think mostly higher level officials tend to not call things they are not sure about. I think this particular play is not called hardly at all, because I have called these in games and I am the only one calling them. I do not think officials at all levels identify travels very well. And I know in this case live I would have probably also passed as I would have had trouble trying to figure out when he caught the ball with the right foot on the floor and would have passed.

I think HS officials love to talk about what is ignored while not being perfect themselves on these calls. That of course is not what I am saying about you, just an observation of when I watch and talk to high school only officials.

Peace