View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 15, 2016, 10:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
This is SOP in South Carolina, public and private schools. Crews almost always work a girls/boys doubleheader during the regular season, and even during regular season tournaments it's almost always doubleheaders. In the postseason, the SCHSL assigns doubleheaders whenever possible based on the brackets. And I think that's true up until the state semifinals, where we go to one crew per game.

I wish I didn't have to work doubleheaders or girls basketball in general, but that's just not the way it goes in this state.

Yes, the girls play first whenever it's a DH.
I understand this but it does not seem fair to the players to have officials working both games. I am sure there are officials like there are officials in my area that when they work two games take a break or do not give the same effort to both games equally because they have to work both games. I just think that is a silly model. And your comments make it clear that you like others might not care about one of the games as much as the other. To me give games to different officials and I am sure that is not impossible if you scheduled it correctly.

Peace