View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 15, 2016, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
IF my partner want's to reach out of his PCA for something like this it's his pot to stew in. I won't even listen to a coach. I just respond, "I cannot speak for my partner so you should ask him." It's also not worth discussing until after the game with my partner.

In this case the official closest to the coach should make the determination if the TO was requested with they had player control. Next would be the official with PCA. Definitely NOT the third guy in progression. He's doesn't know where the ball WAS when the TO was called, unless he's a ball hawk.
What????

Any official on the floor can grant the timeout if that can get a view on the ball and can confirm who is requesting the timeout. The C couldn't, apparently. They don't have to be ballwatching to look for it at the time of the request. The official with primary coverage can't talk his/her eyes off the play to verify who is yelling timeout. Anyone that hears timeout who can look to see where the ball is SHOULD grant it if they can see it in control. Seems like this partner is the perfect one to grant the time out since he/she could confirm the coach was calling for it and could see the ball. Often, it is an official farthest from the play that is facing the bench that gets this.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Mon Feb 15, 2016 at 01:51pm.