View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 11, 2016, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
I asked a number of times if checking the visitor book was in the rule book. It's not. Like one person said earlier, yes... it is implied to do so, as well as checking other avenues to make sure the lineup/starters were presented correctly. But checking the visitor book is not specifically in the rule book. Which brings us to this...

"Some of us know..."

So you're admitting there are some officials that would not think to check the visitor book to make sure it was a copying error, and not an error in presenting the lineup/starters.

This has nothing to do with me having to learn anything. This is an example of, at the least, a misunderstanding in my intentions when replying to the OP of this thread.

There have been plenty of assumptions made on this board, and those assumptions can sometimes lead to a feeling of being insulted. This is where I'm at.

Thank you for the advice, though.
You really should stop digging the hole you're in.

You question of "Where in the rule book does it say to check the visitor's book?" was taken by many to be an implication that it was not allowable to check the book. If that's not what you meant, you did not express yourself well. (And for that matter, you still aren't.)

There is only one avenue to explore: the list provided by the coach. It doesn't matter if that's the visiting book or the back of a take-out menu. It's the only thing you need to check.