View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 09, 2016, 02:56pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
Oftentimes players are wearing shooting shirts and/or warmup pants, so the issues aren't seen until it's about time to tipoff. And when I'm getting ready to get the game going I don't want to stop the game because a headband is the wrong color.

Frankly, I didn't get into officiating to be a part of the fashion police.

Even when it's seen early and fixed without a problem, the fact that I have to deal with it is silly. Coaches don't care because there is no penalty, so the headache is ours for the most part.

What's wrong with making schools/coaches responsible?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Headbands can be seen early, warmup jerseys don't cover those up.

Wrist bands can come off pretty damn fast. Any hesitation from the player, get a sub. It takes 20 seconds to do that if you have to. As has been noted, deal with it early, and the problem is gone by January.

If it's an undershirt, same thing. I like the idea of adding a penalty to the arsenal, but it's not necessary. It takes 30 seconds for a player to leave the court and change. No big deal, and the kids don't like being embarrassed so it will sort out over a few games.

I didn't get into officiating to deal with score book issues, either, but it's part of the package.

Hell, I didn't get into officiating to deal with kids, either, but that's unavoidable, too.