View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 08, 2016, 10:31pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
I'm surprised no one has brought up the "unintentionally slapping the backboard in a legitimate attempt to block the shot is BI" idea.
I think that would be a horrible idea. For one HS kids are often trying to block shots and even the college rule it is a judgment call. Officials would still not call it unless you say any touch of the backboard is a violation.

Quote:
I hate it. The NFHS realizes no one is calling Ts for backboard slaps anymore and that most are borderline situations where there's at least some reasonable doubt about the player's intentions. Yet the offended coach always stands up and yells, "that's goaltending!" proving time and time again that most coaches know nothing about the rules.
Again, not very many reasons to even call a T. It is rare and it is often an attempt to make a block missed. Most kids are not getting up there in the first place. A none issue.

Quote:
Meanwhile the NCAA wrote a very nice rule change a couple years back that adds such a BI clause when the ball is on/in the basket or in the cylinder. That makes sense, especially in college where many backboards are portable and therefore less rigid.
Still waiting for even a situation to call this and it has not happen. And I rarely see this ever happen on TV. Again, a none issue.

Peace