View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 08, 2016, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersowner View Post
In this situation, it was an obvious foul. I probably could have elaborated that it was a transition play as well so its not like everyone was sitting around waiting for the game to expire. In the order of play, it went shot, foul, whistle and within a half second the horn went off. I would hate to be on the other end of situation like that where the clock operator anticipated a foul, stops the clock and now you got nothing. Or even better yet, not realize there was actually 3 seconds left on the clock and not call anything, meanwhile the ball goes out of bounds and you have really compounded the issue.

I am not really arguing the merit of "calling a foul" merely asking whether you would go report this to the table or simply call it ball game and head off to the locker room.
Clock operator anticipating a foul? I've never noticed this happen when I didn't have a whistle.

If there's time on the clock play it out like any other foul during the game. If it's the end of the game I really don't think it matters and it's personal choice. I've done everything from showing a foul and then saying game over to just reporting the foul. Really depends on what's going on.

We're not supposed to shoot FTs if it doesn't change the outcome of the game. I'm doing it the same way ever time to not give a team an advantage over another. Changing the rules to help a team for point differential on post season is hurting whatever team they are tied with.