View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 04, 2016, 03:48pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
Man, you guys are really splitting hairs here. I'm fairly certain I've never informed a player that they need to change their jersey and not had the coach tell them to go in the locker room. That's because I tell them to do it somewhere else. I'm also 100% certain that I'm not going to hold up a game to watch a player leave the confines because it's my responsibility to monitor the situation. I'm going to tell the coach to get it taken care of, and then when the player tries to check in again, I'm going to make sure the situation is rectified. If it is brought to my attention that the player is in the act of doing something illegal, I'll T. Otherwise, I'm not going to worry about it because it's a minuscule part of the game that is going to take care of itself 100% of the time. If a guys says to me after the fact "Hey, why didn't you T him up for changing in the confines," there is a pretty good chance that I didn't see him doing it, and I'm not going to make up some excuse as to why I didn't T, I'm going to tell them that I didn't see it. Ref it how you want, but like I said, any ref worth his salt is going to say "Coach, get it taken care of, and make sure I can't see him/you when he/you does/do." I don't really think it's worth the time that I've already put into this discussion, and I think you guys are reaching for an argument here where there really isn't one.
I'm not reaching for anything. I'm saying how the situation is handled properly, which in my cases has always been before the game started. So I can't use the cop-out that I'm not paying attention to the benches since I'm standing there doing nothing else except staring in the direction of the benches.

I ref everything like I want. What I don't do is come up with these big-timing claims that I'm too busy to handle the responsibilities and duties not directly related to calling fouls and violations.