Thread: Foul count
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 01, 2016, 01:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

I think we over think this situation. If the fouls are 8-1, there is probably a reason they are that way. I am not going to make it up or call something that is not there. And I am certainly not going to pass on something that is a foul. Players and coaches need to adjust. Yes I might not want to miss a foul on the team with 1, but if you are taking nothing but jumpers and not attacking the basket, there is not much I can do to "help" you anyway. I also do not care about foul counts and stopped worrying about them and the comments that follow.

I have also been doing this long enough and well enough to work the games I get. If a coach does not like what I do, I can work for any number of schools around me for different people. I can assume I am hired in many cases because of my background in this and just like the guys you see on TV all the time at the NCAA level, we are hired similarly. So the guys that work the big games are often officials with a certain pedigree.

There is too much video out there that has a call or two in some minimal game where someone thinks you kicked a call and it ends up on social media somehow. I would rather every one of my calls be top notch and accurate than trying to help a coach and that video is on social media.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon Feb 01, 2016 at 01:23pm.