View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 25, 2016, 11:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
The answer to your question depends on whether you believe my partner was right, or wrong, to erase the extra names.

Wrong? You shouldn't care.

Right? You should care because (maybe) it's a rule that may be complicated by kids on the bench in uniform that can't play (injury, illness, discipline, grades, etc.), kids not in uniform on the bench, or kids not at the site at all, maybe on their way, maybe not.

4-34-4: A team member is a member of bench personnel who is in uniform and is eligible to become a player.

To me personally, the more names the better, but something made my veteran partner have those names erased tonight. I'd like to know if he was right, or wrong, and why.
Again, why would I care? I do not care who is or is not in the book. And I am certainly not going to tell any team they need to erase a name for any reason. I always check the book with the head coach and I never ask them to cross off names even when they know that a specific kid is going to play.

And I do not care because there is nothing in the rule that requires the people sitting on the bench to be accounted for. The only way I would even think to care is if I am working the State Finals and they want us to verify this information as they have a limit as to who can be on the bench, but that is beyond my pay grade.

Peace