View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 25, 2016, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgc99 View Post
This will vary drastically from official to official, but can certainly help you identify areas of weakness.

I like to break my film down into a similar approach, but I'm even more specific. As an example, I find that I have significantly more No Call - Incorrect travels than Incorrect Call Travel (of which I virtually have non, consistently). It's a reminder to me that I need to work on identify the pivot foot early and recognizing travels.

You might find that you are calling too many fouls on cleanly blocked shots. The goal should be to eliminate both incorrect calls and NCI, but in order to really get an understanding, you need to be very specific so you can know what to work on.
This was one of my personal POI's this seaon. Game film is a must. More and more schools have online ways to watch your games. Which is an excellent value added for officials, and gives almost immediate feedback. The days of giving a coach a VHS tape was good, but I would forget the specific plays I wanted to look at by the time it was returned. Now days I usually get a link emailed or texted right to me. Awesome

-General George S. Patton, Jr.